Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ding bats

 
    My theme for these dingbats was based on cartoon doodles that I've done over the years. I also drew influences from and referenced comic strips such as "Life in Hell" and other random cartoon images, though I feel they have there own style that I wish to explore further. I didn't really have much of a plan I just started drawing and looking up random images with google. When in doubt just draw ;)

    I really like flash for drawing these kind of cartoons as the auto fix makes for nice clean hard lines. This allowed me to spend less time fiddling with the drawing and more time on the concepts which I'm still exploring. Eventually I would like to hone it down to about a dozen solid characters to use in an interactive online comic strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment